The Old Pumphouse, built around 1750, still retains its old fashioned charm and character. The house has had a rich and interesting past due to its history as a farm, boarding school and rectory
- The five en suite rooms were totally refurbished in 2007 and are tastefully furnished and decorated. All rooms have LCD TVs, compact disc alarm clocks, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryers, Wireless internet connection and bathrobes. There is private parking for six cars at front of the house.
- Breakfast, featuring the finest local produce, is freshly cooked to order and served in the elegant, pine shuttered Georgian Room, overlooking the pretty, tranquil garden and pond.
- Please note that we are a non-smoking establishment.
- The Old Pumphouse is one mile from Blickling Hall, one of England’s great Jacobean houses and only two hundred yards from Aylsham’s Georgian Market Square, with a wide range of shops.
- Situated ten miles north of the fascinating city of Norwich with its famous norman cathedral, The Old Pump House is the perfect base from which to explore the wealth of local attractions. These include the Broads National Park, the north and east Norfolk coasts, famous stately homes and gardens, two steam railways and several nature reserves.
- Norfolk is the ideal spot for cycling, rambling, bird watching or just enjoying the beautiful villages and long un-crowded beaches.
- The Old Pumphouse is run by Marc James and Charles Kirkman who started their careers in Deluxe hotels.
Contact Us For more details and reservations, please email
Charles or Marc at email@example.com
or telephone us on +44 (0)1263 733 789.
The Old Pumphouse
Tel: + 44 (0)1263 733789
Fax: 01263 734513